PosGreen Installation Description
This page outlines how the installer works. Read this page if you wish to customise how the installer works. If you wanting to install a lane now, see /docs/Cfg/InstallPosGreen.htm
The installer is built into the PosGreen.exe program. This is the same program you run on a day to day basis to use the Pos for trading purposes. We recommend you always install using the latest version from https://fieldpine.com/kits/PosGreen.exe to ensure you have the latest version.
When the installer runs it is trying to complete the following tasks
- Verify the installation is permitted
- Download and install the relevant files, which includes site specific customisations
- Auto register this lane so it is a known lane from Head Office
- Obtain the store it is operating in and allocate unique internal keys
PosGreen Startup Flow
- Checks if the file fpos.dll exists in the current folder. If this file is found then:
- It checks that fpos.dll has been digitally signed by Fieldpine. This includes checking the full certification chain.
- If the certificate is not found or cannot be validated, the user is informed https://fieldpine.com/support/PosGreenInstall/CodeNotSigned.htm
- PosGreen will exit this install process and continue normally.
- Internet connectivity is checked and the install process pauses until Fieldpine.com websites are reachable.
- An installation screen is created to display to the user and the following background tasks are launched:
- A scan for DNS entries
- A scan of the harddrive for known Fielpine installation locations. Verifying if already installed
- USB drives are monitored to see if installation instructions are provided on a USB thumb drive
- Local network (multicast) is queried to see if other Fieldpine applications are already running
- The user is given control and asked to select where or how they wish to install. See /docs/Cfg/InstallPosGreen.htm Step 3 Fieldpine Install Main
- If the installation was selected to load from a DNS or network location
- The file SERVER/OpenApi2..../Lane/InstallFile/..../fpos_all.ctl is downloaded and saved. This contains site specific instructions and configuration.
- The file SERVER/OpenApi2..../Lane/InstallFile/..../fpos_blank.ctl is downloaded and saved as fpos.ctl. This contains a series of commands that should only be run by the current lane. If no fpos_blank.ctl file is availabe, a default one is provided. Once created, the installation values are written to this file
- An instruction command is requested from SERVER/OpenApi2..../Lane/InstallFile/..../listall This provides a list of all files that are in the installation directories that should be downloaded
- The latest Fieldpine release kit is downloaded and installed if not blocked by install rules. This may download from fieldpine.com or *.fieldpine.com hosts
- The installing program launches PosGreen.exe from the target installation folder and silently exits.
PosGreen First Run
At this point all the required files should have been downloaded and are in the Pos folder.
- The performs normal startup processing /docs/internals/FposStartup.htm is performed until settings are initialised.
- The Pos detects that it has not been licensed (nb, this means allocated a unique number, not restricting due to payment). If the setting LicenceMode=detect is NOT defined in the fpos_all.ctl or fpos.ctl file then an error is displayed and the Pos stops
- Defined values for Location#, Lane# and UniqueId# are detected.
- The database connector may allocate these values if using a central database mode of operation
- The HeadOffice server is queried for /OpenApi2/Lane/Register which can instruct the current lane how to proceed. Any instructions received are saved to fpos.ctl and possibly LastRunInfo.txt